The Ted Ensley Gardens are located on the west side of beautiful Lake Shawnee at the intersection of SE 37th Street and West Edge Rd., (3650 SE West Edge Rd.)
These “World Class” gardens span 9.5 acres. In addition to the fantastic panoramic views of Lake Shawnee prominent features of the gardens include:
- Meditation Garden
- Rock Gardens
- Water Gardens
- Rose Gardens
- Water falls
- Arboretum with more than 80 varieties of trees
- Nature preserve under development
The entrance to Ted Ensley Gardens is the trail head shelter and restroom located just north of 37th street and West Edge road. From there you walk through a beautiful 60 ft. covered bridge over a rocky stream. Then you stroll on the sidewalk though a meditation garden, rock gardens, many annual and perennial beds, rose gardens and water gardens.
• Garden Tours are available upon request.
• The Pergola, Gazebo and Pagoda are available to rent for weddings and special occasions.
• The Garden House, also available for rent, is heated and air conditioned, has a view of the lake from a large tree shaded deck, includes a fire place, caterer’s kitchen and restrooms. Its proximity to Gazebo #1 makes it an excellent location for wedding receptions and anniversary parties. Seating for 70 people.